TERIYAKI SALMON BOWL
– 1/4 Cup teriyaki marinade
– 3 teaspoons of honey
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
– 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 500g salmon fillets skin on, cut into small cubes
– 450g Uncle Bens brown rice
– 2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
– 1 avocado, diced
– 2 green onions, slice finely
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine teriyaki marinade, honey, garlic, ginger and half the oil in a large bowl. Transfer half the marinade mixture to a small bowl and set aside. Add salmon to remaining marinade, turning to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon. Cook, turning, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat rice following packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Add reserved marinade. Toss gently to combine. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cucumber, carrot, avocado and onion in a bowl. Gently toss to combine. Spoon rice mixture among serving bowls. Top with cucumber mixture and salmon. Dollop with mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with nori and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Fat: 40g Protein: 33g Carbs: 52g