NEW YEAR, NEW YOU!
2019 IS HERE!
New Year Fitness Goal Setting Tips:
- Set specific goals – Goals need to be as specific as possible so you can work toward it and achieve it. “Lose Weight” as a goal is too vague. What exactly do you want to achieve? Why you want to achieve it?
- Make Goals Measurable – If you don’t make your goals measurable you will not know when you have reached them. Whether is kgs, cm lost, fitting into an old pair of jeans or just making training a part of your life 3 times per week.
- Be Accountable – There are many ways to keep yourself accountable; you could use a fitness & food tracking App like ‘My Fitness Pal’ or book yourself a Personal Trainer to see once or a few times per week.
- Set Realistic Goals – you don’t want to make the goal too difficult because you might get discouraged if you do not achieve it. Make the goal challenging without it being overwhelming.
- Have a timeframe – if you don’t have a time limit you will find yourself struggling to start or keeping motivated. 6 months is a good timeframe not too long and not too short. You can even make your timeframe 12 months but reassess at 6.