Here are some of the reasons why drinking water is extremely beneficial to your health! Drinking when thirsty or with a meal meets the majority of people's fluid demands. Water can be obtained through other beverages and meals, but this is insufficient.
Water helps our body to protect our spinal cord and other sensitive tissues, also to get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements.
Here are several reasons why you should drink more water, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
When you're dehydrated, your body need extra water.
• Have a fever
• Increased physical activity
• Having diarrhea or vomiting
• In hot weather
If you don't think you're getting enough water, try these suggestions:
• Keep a water bottle with you at all times, whether you're at work or running errands.
• Freeze some water bottles and carry one with you all day for ice-cold water.
• Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks in favour of water. You may save around 240 calories by substituting water for one 20-ounce sugar-sweetened beverage.
• When dining out, go for water.
• Infuse your water with a slice of lime or lemon.
How to figure out how much water you should drink every day:
• Multiply your weight by 12 to get your body mass index. If you are sedentary, this will tell you how many ounces of water you should drink.
• Drink 12 ounces of water for every 30 minutes of activity such as walking, exercise. lifting etc
• If you're pregnant or nursing, your fluid consumption should be increased by 24 to 32 ounces, depending on your weight.
Water is an important aspect of our life in general. So bring a bottle with you and keep drinking!