Pasta and chicken are covered in a creamy, cheesy pesto sauce in Chicken Pesto Pasta. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare and is wonderful!
½ pound penne pasta about 2 ½ cups dry 3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves minced 1 half cup cream
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite-sized chunks)
Salt & Pepper to taste 1 cup freshly shredded Mozzarella
2 tablespoons butter ½ cup fresh basil pesto or more to taste
- Follow the directions on the package to cook pasta until it is al dente. Drain then set apart.
- Olive oil and diced chicken breast are added to a large skillet that has been heated over medium heat. Chicken should be seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked until no longer pink, turning the chicken occasionally to ensure even browning. Discard any liquid in the skillet after transferring the chicken to a platter.
- Melt butter in the skillet and place it back on the stovetop over medium heat. 3 minutes of golden cooking after whisking in the flour.
- Bring to a boil while whisking in the half-and-half and chicken broth. Reduce the heat a bit if it starts to boil too quickly. 5 minutes should pass while simmering for the sauce to decrease and thicken.
- Cheese and pesto are added after the heat is turned off. Stir in the chicken and noodles to combine. Freshly cut basil and freshly cracked black pepper are garnishes.
To reheat, totally defrost in the refrigerator, Warm on the stove at moderate heat while adding a small amount of milk to prevent drying out.