The quickest and most flavorful shrimp recipe ever, this garlic butter recipe for shrimp is fantastic and cooks in a flash.
These shrimp are cooked quickly and have a ton of flavor thanks to the lemon and garlic butter sauce and asparagus. In this simple one-pan dish, flavorful, juicy shrimp pair with fork-tender asparagus. Low-carb,gluten-free, and paleo-friendly! This shrimp and asparagus recipe cooks in one skillet and is ready in 20 minutes or less.
- 1 1/2 lbs (700g) medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 lbs (700g) asparagus(1 bunch) rinsed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Saltand fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha(or any hot sauce you like)
- Crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Fresh chopped parsleyor cilantro, for garnish
- Purchase shrimp (or prawns) that have already been cleaned, deveined, and shelled if you want to make the garlic butter shrimp recipe. Shrimp can be used with or without their tails.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the garlic butter shrimp recipe with asparagus. Season the asparagus to taste before adding it. For 4-6 minutes, saute the asparagus until crisp-tender. Sauteed asparagus should be taken out of the pan and put aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan along with the shrimp. Fry shrimp for one to two minutes on one side after seasoning with salt and pepper.
- The shrimp should be seasoned with onion powder, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Stir everything together, then turn the shrimp over to cook the other side. Shrimp are cooked for one minute, then 1/4 cup vegetable stock and Sriracha are added. Avoid overcooking the shrimp by giving the sauce 1 minute to decrease.
- Add asparagus back to the pan after pushing the cooked shrimp to the side. Slice half a lemon over the cooked shrimp and asparagus and stir the asparagus into the sauce to cover it. Reheating should take 1-2 minutes. Asparagus and shrimp that have been cooked should be removed from the fire and, if desired, garnished with parsley, lemon slices, and red crushed pepper. Serve your shrimp immediately with asparagus and garlic butter.