This gluten-free, high-protein sweet potato hash with kale and baked eggs is bursting with flavour and comforting goodness.
- 1 large, sweet potato (about ¾ pound, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- ½ tsp salt divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ red onion dices
- 4 cups chopped kale tightly packed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is almost smoking, add sweet potatoes, ¼ teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Toss sweet potatoes to evenly coat in the oil, then spread into a single layer and cook, undisturbed, until browned and crisp on the bottom. Flip potatoes and continue to cook until crispy all around, about 10-12 minutes in total. Remove to a small plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and red onion to the pan. Cook until onion softens, 1-2 minutes, then add kale and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook until kale has wilted, about 2 minutes, then add potatoes back in and toss to incorporate.
- Make 4 evenly spaced wells in the hash and crack an egg into each. Cover the pan until egg whites are set and egg yolks are cooked to your desired doneness, 5-7 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.